View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Check from Party: brief report

Last week I realized I had $1,000 in Party leftover and decided it was probably a good time to get the money out of there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I went to cash out and noticed I had 2 options, slow mail and Fed-Exed 2-3 bus. day mail which would cost $25. I opted for that as [censored] seemed to be hitting the fan across the board.

My Envelope arrived this Monday (Probably 1 day longer than the 2-3 I expected, considering weekends and time of day I made the request)

The letter with the check said it was good for 165 days, but I should cash it in 31 days. I went to B of A the next day (Tues.) and deposited at the teller window without a hitch. The funds were not immediately available as is sort of standard (usually a portion is immediately available to me, but this was a very very out of state check, so not really surprised).

It may also be worth noting that the chexx inc. check looks a tad amateurish. It has all the necessary numbers, but appears a bit plain. It sort of looks it's been printed on a $600 color laserjet. The back lists some of the check's security features, but for the life of me I couldn't find any watermark.

The deposit was listed in my account as pending when I checked an hour later. The next day (Wed.) my account was credited with the deposit but the transaction was still listed as pending.

Today, I just checked and the transaction appears complete.

All in all, not bad.