View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: More on being lazy and smart and being a fair but not extreme succ

Jared, I did actually read your whole post.....

Question, do you generally try to find the easiest way to do something? Or do you generally try to get as much done with as little work as possible? It sounds like it to me, but is that something you agree with, or have you thought about it?

For me personally, I am absurdly impatient. I rush through a lot of things, and if possible try to find shortcuts or patterns to aid me in my endeavor. However, I am also very driven and will put in a lot of effort when motivated. I guess for me the motivation is the hard part. I never took AP classes in HS, but I would definitely consider myself bright. I remember spoken information very easily, especially lectures, but I also take tons of notes.

Sorry if my posts isn't helpful.

As for why most people who are like this are drawn to message boards....good questions. Maybe its because of the all the different discussions and the vast array of info available. The discussions and info are also presented in a quick and easy to read format. Just my guess.

Edit: Wanted to add a comment on your #3.

I tend to over analyze as well. Can't stop thinking about things, even when I am far away from them. I also dwell quite a bit on mistakes. Constantly thinking about ways to improve things or other options I may have missed. Not sure if I mind this, although it could adversely effect relationships.