View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Foxwoods 2/5 A2o BB

My opponent is a regular, but I don't know his name. He's an older guy with whitish hair, has been playing at Foxwoods for years. His wife plays in the low limit games, like 2/4 hold em and 1-3 stud. She also has white hair and is genuinely pretty friendly. I'll get his name for this post next time I go, but right now it's slipped my mind.

I've only been at the table for an hour or so with him. He played pretty reasonably. Did a little bit of raising before the flop, continuation bet a couple of times (they folded on the flop), and did a little bit of limping.

The one huge hand he played prior to my hand: he raised with AA, got a bunch of callers and a loose player bet the flop into him for like $55. He made a huge $300+ raise all-in with AA on a 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop. The opponent thought for a while and called with 64 and busted him. In true traditional Foxwood-regular fashion, he then flung his cards towards the dealer and berated the loose player for about 5 minutes, saying "how do you play so bad and do so good?", amongst other things.

Effective stacks are $550. A bunch of limpers and I check my option in the BB with A2o.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets $40 out of the SB and I raise him to $125. Everyone else folds, he calls pretty quickly.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet $150, he raises to $300 with about $100 more behind. Now what?