View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Hedge funds and the stock market - ask me anything til i get bored

It's tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This is one of the best threads I've read in a long time. Just a little info about the guy that keeps buging you, I've been intrested with the stock market all my life, and I currently swing trade e-mini futures part time. I'm looking to learn as much as I can about fundamental research for my long term portfolio. Thanks.

1. Were you always interested in working for a hedge fund?
2. What exactly did you do at the hedge fund you worked for? Were you allocated a certain amount of money to invest.
3. How much time did/do you put in to researching a company before taking a position?
4. How would you describe your investment method in stocks. From CHTR it seems like you like turnaround plays.
5. Can you walk us through your research routine before you take a position?
6. What three ratios tell you the most about a stock your interested in buying/shorting?
7. Does market direction affect your decision to take a long/short position? Are you more willing to go short if the market is in a slump? I read somewhere that 3 out of 4 stocks simply follow market direction most of the time.
8. The hedge fund business is booimng, what do you think the future holds for the industry.
9. How much capital is needed to start a hedge fund?
10. What are your plans for the future? I read about your day and it sounds like you have it made, do you miss anything about your job?