View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Missing bets and underplaying your hand in razz

[ QUOTE ]
At small limits Razz online everyone sucks and will keep you honest if you play your hand straightforward. At middleish limits nobody ever believes anyone and keeps them honest. There's just no point in calling/checking with your 2345K on 5th street against a J97 board to make it look like you have a 3card hand. If they're bad enough to bet J97 then they're bad enough to call a raise and often go to showdown unimproved because LOL HE MIGHT BE BLUFFING.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell no, this would be a horrible spot to slowplay. This spot is one of the major moneymakers in todays Razz games.

TT: I think pumping 4th is fine too, but most people would not raise A247 if I bet into them there, though they'll bet like 80% of the time if I check to them. So usually only one bet goes in, but check-calling adds a bit of deception. I'll usually get an extra big bet in on later streets if we both catch good, while a lot of people would just call down if or check to me if I had kept the lead.

What about example 1? Seems like a nice example of letting villain "catch up", no?