View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: jaime gold = spew

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny that Jaime outwardly admits that he's not a great player, yet defensively justifies his play a la last night in the conversation w/ Matusow as well in his The Circuit interview recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) Isn't this true of everybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Since one data point is enough to disprove "everybody":

I have sat down at games where I was quite sure I was not the best player. I have stood up from games where I felt I didn't have an edge. I have never made any claims one way or the other at the table about who was better or worse than me. I have very rarely tried to justify my play, although one incident comes to mind where I finally got ticked enough at a table coach to speak up.

[ QUOTE ]

Why has nobody quoted him on saying Allen Cunningham is 10x better than him on a normal day (but not on that day)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that statement was just as idiotic as the rest, so why even bring it up?

[ QUOTE ]

(2) I'm not sure why misjudging your ability to bet clay disks on the patterns of 52 pieces of paper is such a loathsome trait.

[/ QUOTE ]

The setting doesn't matter. The personality matters. An incident from long ago comes to mind where Tom Chambers, a mediocre NBA player, somehow made the all-star team, then somehow won the MVP award for that game, then made an apparently completely sincere statement about how he was the best player in the NBA. Everyone puked, of course.

Plus, well, we all play poker around here, so I don't see your point anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

(3) He thinks that part of the game is instinctively throwing off these false tells, and probably he thinks that he can't play against the pros without this component of his game, scrapping it would just expose his larger tells. He happens to be misguided in his implementation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's wrong about how to play winning poker, and he's also wrong in his implementation. I have to agree with you here.

[ QUOTE ]

(4) All the talk is crap, the test is whether you can walk away from the table. Are there stories of Jamie Gold donking off his roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we are apparently off to a good start for just such a story. How it ends remains to be seen.