View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: jaime gold = spew

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny that Jaime outwardly admits that he's not a great player, yet defensively justifies his play a la last night in the conversation w/ Matusow as well in his The Circuit interview recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) Isn't this true of everybody? I'm not sure if I've ever played with anybody I thought had an edge on me, but intellectually I know it must be true. Why has nobody quoted him on saying Allen Cunningham is 10x better than him on a normal day (but not on that day)?

(2) I'm not sure why misjudging your ability to bet clay disks on the patterns of 52 pieces of paper is such a loathsome trait.

(3) He thinks that part of the game is instinctively throwing off these false tells, and probably he thinks that he can't play against the pros without this component of his game, scrapping it would just expose his larger tells. He happens to be misguided in his implementation.

(4) All the talk is crap, the test is whether you can walk away from the table. Are there stories of Jamie Gold donking off his roll?