View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: \"He has to like her more\"

[ QUOTE ]
ive been in a super intense relationship when i was younger (early college) in which there was a lot of flux. things would either be super good or super bad. most of the bad times were the result of one of us liking the other/being interested in the relationship a lot more than the other. the end result was we both cheated on each other and things were pretty horrible for both of us.

im now in a pretty serious relationship and ive always assumed that i love her/care a bit more than she does. now, that isn't to say i don't think she doesn't care about me/love me. but she knows if she called me up and wanted me to do a long, pain in the ass favor for her, i would, no questions asked. and i wouldn't be doing it because i felt obligated, or pressured, or id get some awesome sex later or something but because if it makes her happy, i want to do it.

but, the beauty of our relationship is that she doesn't ask me to do these things. she cares enough about me, respects me enough that she doesn't ask too much. then, the little things that i want to do for her are a pleasant surprise.

so i guess i think it works out ok. i always thought being in that position would be crazy/pussywhipped, etc. now i like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is closer to what I am talking about. I didn't convey it correctly, which is my fault, but I'm not talking about someone being p-whipped or letting the other "walk all over them" or being clingy.

When there is an inequality, slight to moderate, it should be the guy liking the girl more for the relationship to work in the long run.

DN