View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Prima withdrawal with Ecocard - Success (for the most part)

Just got my withdrawal from Prima through Ecocard. I had done a $1,000 test run. Here's the timeline:

1/24: Requested withdrawal from Battlefield
1/29: Money available in Ecocard account, requested wire transfer withdrawal to my bank account
1/31: Withdrawal no longer pending in Ecocard, customer service tells me by e-mail that it will take 2-4 business days to appear in my bank account
2/6: Money available in my bank account

However -- Ecocard's site says that there is a $10 wire transfer fee. When I did the withdrawal, I was able to take out $990, with $10 withheld for the fee. When I received the money today, only $970 appeared in the account. Not sure why there was an extra $20 deducted. Awaiting e-mail response from Ecocard on this. I was thinking $10 for a wire transfer was too good to be true, and I don't mind paying $30 for larger transfers, but it sucks to pay that kind of fee on a $1K withdrawal.

I will update thread with Ecocard's response on the fee when I hear from them.

Separately - I successfully withdrew cash from an ATM today with my brand spanking new epassporte visa and it worked beautifully. The ATM didn't even charge me the fee it normally does when you use someone else's card. Not sure why, but I'm happy to save the $1.50.