View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Flush on turn 300BB Deep

I should have said something more about table images/ history so here you go...

I sat down with this villain when 9-handed and have played with him for about 5 hours or so. I played super TAG when 7-9 handed, but got extremely agressive when it got down to 4-6 handed (incidentally where I made most of my $$). He's seen me make 2 big bluffs on the river when checked to me on very drawy boards; I would bet ~2/3 of the pot (as I did in this hand) and induce folds while showing something like top pair or a small overpair (i.e. 1010/JJ).

My point here is that he's seen me make these bluffs against other players taking the same type of line as I do here. My first inclination was that he thought I was full of it, but if he did what's the point in c/r unless he thought I'd call with an overpair or TPTK and he was c/r for value somehow? Wouldn't he just call here if he had a set or some kind of 2 pair (45o maybe)?

I think my hand is way way underrepresented here, and I think that his range includes JJ AND 88; i think a turned set is possible.

In his mind, he sees me as being extremely aggro and even bluff-happy at times, so it makes him slowplaying a set this strange way possible, as he knows I will pretty much keep betting when in position.

With this info, is anyone changing their mind?