View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: $60t: AA lost at sea

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the flop hoping to take it down, if not hopefully get it down to one opponent. If someone calls your flop bet i'd probably go into c/c mode for pot control because if they have a king they won't want to scare you off with big bets. I might fold to a shove on the river, but probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I can't seem to rationalize this logic. If you bet the flop (looks like a good idea now) and get one caller, AND you are looking to control the pot size (basically get to showdown for as cheaply as possible right?), why do you go into c/c mode? It seems to me that if you make a standard C-bet and get called, then check the turn, you are almost certainly

a) way behind in the hand if he bets

b) going to face a bet (if he bets) that will essentially commit your stack to this hand if not now, then definitely on the river.

So why not check the turn for more info instead of already deciding to c/c him down to the river? If he bets, maybe make a fold and get out of a tricky spot?

I don't have all (or any) of the answers here, but this seems like a situation where c/c'ing him down to the river=spewing more often than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of betting the flop the c/c-ing.

A flop bet should narrow it down to TT+, by then you are commited and further betting will only get worse hands to fold. I'd justify the flop bet as there are only 7 hands beating you (4 AK, 3 TT) and 12 hands u beat (6 QQ, 6 JJ).

Ok PF callers are not always going to call flop bet with JJ so reads are (as always) helpful.

I don't see the point of jamming on the flop as you're just folding otherwise possible calling hands that you have beaten and Ak, TT are not folding.