Thread: old school rpgs
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: old school rpgs

[ QUOTE ]
i played the pc demo of final fantasy 7 back when it came out. i also played the pc version for about 2 hours but got pissed because you really need a gamepad.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick warning, the FF7 port is buggy, and it only gets worse on newer OS'es. I've known dozens of square fans over the years and I don't know ONE that could finish the game without patching it or hacking it or both. EIDOS really deserved a kick in the nuts over that one.

[ QUOTE ]
is snes ff3 a 2d CT-style game?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's basically 2d FF, but done as well as possible. It was the first that used the same character graphics for in and out of battle. IMO the Esper/Relic system is better than the Materia system simply because I don't have to do a million things every time I switch out a character (characters are very easy to equip/unequip, but there's still a lot of room for customization). I actually liked the futuristic environment of FF7 better than the steampunk environment of FF3, but as someone else said looking at high-quality 2d is probably easier on the eyes than primitive 3d. Most of the differences are personal taste but if you liked FF7 and CT you'll almost certainly like FF3.