View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: is this unethical??

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 500-600 in front of me and the BB has me covered. i was in the SB with 2/4 of spades. 2 limpers and the BB chks and we get a flop of K/9/6 of spades. i lead out for 25 the BB calls and the limpers fold. turn comes a A of hearts. i bet out 60 and he raises me 100 more. i think for a while and know he has the A of spades. i announced "raise", before i can say anything thing else he screams out "ALLIN". at this point i had to put out at least 100 for the raise i was going to make, so i put it in.
so i now have about 300 left and ask him if i should call him. i show him my small flush and he says "thats no good, i got u beat, ill show you". so i said "ok, i believe you" and mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, you showed him your hand and asked if you should call him? He said you shouldn't, so you didn't? When you announced "raise" he butted in with "all in" and you didn't find that suspicious?

I think that this stranger has taught you a very important lesson and you should be greatful for that.

Why would you ever consider showing your hand to someone you are in a pot with before the hand is over? That is some crazy uber-fish type move!