View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Need Rebuy Guidelines For a Ring Game

[ QUOTE ]
Some friends and I just started an NL Ring game and had our first game this weekend. We played .10/.25 $25 maximum buyin. This was the first time playing in such a game for some of the players including me and the host. I dipped a few dollars in the beginning and asked to rebuy enough to top off my stack to the $25 max. That started a whole big discussion on when to allow rebuying or "topping off." One guy was arguing that you shouldn't be able to rebuy until you bust out. I had to struggle a bit to get it to where you could rebuy if your stack got as low as $15 or lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like tourney mentality. What reasons did they give to NOT allow topping off, adding on, whatever? If they want to play with a cap to limit the growth of the stacks, that's one thing.

I would suggest a structure of $25 max initial buy-in, rebuy max of either $50 or biggest existing stack, whichever is smaller.

"I would rather not play shortstacked."

..... because... ? pfap is right, work on your short game

" I could see how it could slow the game down a lot if someone was looking to buy more chips every hand however. "

Let money play. Have people buy chips from the other players in between hands.