View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Top pair meh kicker on monotone board on the bubble

[ QUOTE ]
i push pf

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that this is the best play. obviously looks like button is bullying the blinds on the bubble. but i have turned into a weak tight nit because i have been running so bad for the last 3 months. i have the 'phil helmuth' syndrome and feel like i can outplay my opponents and just wait it out. this is a serious leak. but, try running bad it can really eff up your game and thinking. i really did not want to go broke here because i have bubbled like the last 19090837 million tourneys i have played. again, that is a wrong way to play poker, but it is what it is. players just never fold against me and i never win races, hence i just smooth call preflop.

of course the all diamond flop was bad. his weird bet made things even more weird. i thought about checkraise-push the turn, but again i've turned into a nit. and im thinking maybe we can have a cheap showdown.

I insta called his 5K river bet and he tables K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I dunno, im not proud of the way i played it. I did kind of smell trouble but 2 pair is a tough hand to lay here.