View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM

Default The Beer connoisseur thread

Quality beer is clearly the neglected bastard stepchild compared to quality wine. And it's unfortunate. I find that good beers can contain rich and sophisticated flavors in variation just as wines.

With that said, here's some great beers I recently discovered. Please share, i'm always looking for great new beers.

1. The Delerium Noel, which is the christmas brew from the same belgian brewery that makes Delirium Tremens. I found a pace with the Delerium Noel on tap and it was heaven. This may have been the best beer I've ever tasted. I cannot recommend it enough. Less sweet than most Belgians, it was rich and heavy, but not tart. Absolutely the perfect winter ale. And strong too, which is important. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. A long time favorite of mine, I just have to mention it: The Russian River's "Pliny the Elder". This is probably the best microbrew IPA in the world. If you like your IPAs, hoppy, strong, and bold with a flavor you can smell before you even taste it, this is the one for you. It is a double IPA, and has an alcohol content of about 10% so be careful, because it's so damn good you'll want to drink more than one. And then you're ruined.

I'm not a big fan of lagers and pilsners but please, recommend your faves of any kind.

natedogg