View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: another hand against a foxwoods regular 5-10 NL

PF: If this is you mixing up your play, that's fine. I wouldn't recommend limp-calling OOP with unmade hands (even AK) as your standard line, but its not unforgiveable if the circumstances are correct.

Flop: This seems ridiculous. Are you trying to elicit a raise here? You've added deception to your hand by limp-calling PF, there's no way he's putting you on TPTK at this point. When you expressly under-rep your hand the way you have here, you need to be doing it for a reason (to extract more value later in the hand, hopefully). Why give away any of your strength by making a weak lead at the pot if he's not so aggressive that he's nearly guaranteed to raise you ATC.

Turn: Ok, the jig is up, we've lost a good portion of the deception we've earned PF, its time to gain a little bit of value. If you don't think he's doing your betting for you, please make a real bet, not 1/4 of the pot. Once you bet weakly, and he raises you, there's pretty much only one line that makes any sense whatsoever, and that's calling here and check-calling pretty much any river.

River: At this point, the only thing you can do is check-call and hope that your odd (weak) play has induced the villain to fire off a bluff.

I literally play every street differently, but I particularly dislike the line you took on the flop and on the turn. The river decision, as strangely as you've played the hand seems pretty straightforward.

You're absolutely begging to be taken off of this hand on every street, why are you surprised that he's betting nearly the pot on the river?