View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Someone just knocked at my door...

Wow, many responses while I was golfing. I will attempt to respond to everything at once.

If they are Latinos and not Mexicans, it doesn't matter. I actually just assume an Arizonan hispanic is Mexican, which is clearly not the case. So, I apologize for that generalization.

I am admitting that I am too pussy to confront a group of Latino men drinking beer/blasting music/fixing cars. Additionally, for a non-confrontational person, it is very difficult to muster the courage to confont people while in my PJs and barely awake.

I am not the only person who feels this way. My neighbors have told me that they've complained to the leasing office many times and nothing has come of it. They are trying to move out solely because of these annoying neighbors.

It is a 1 year lease, so to break it before the year is out, will cost my basically the equivalalent of 1 month's rent. The numbers aren't exact, but it would cost between 6 and 700 to break the lease.

As for my stomping - this case is different than playing a tv at a loud/reasonably loud volume - this is music with loud bass - literally rattling my apartment. It is impossible for the tenants in the apartment below me to think that the sound is limited to their apartment.

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to vent, not to defend my actions. Maybe it's not the line you would have taken, but it's reasonable, in my opinion.

The best advice in this posting was to document everything and try to get out of my lease thusly. And that is what I will do.