View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: 30 hours in Vegas - Wynn hotel, Alex dining, Prince show

Long Story Really Long

Checking Out

There wasn't time to eat lunch, and with last night's abundance, there was no need to. So Corsa Cucina will have to wait until the next trip.

We went back to the room, grabbed our bags, the champagne, and headed down to checkout.

Next to the Wynn checkout is a small patio looking over the lake and the fountain. We went outside, I tipped the absent bartender a couple bucks and helped myself to two cups on the bar.

The weather had been cold when we arrived, but in early afternoon on Sunday, the sun was high and bright, and there was no need for jackets out on that patio. We watched the fountain, and finished the champagne.

Last Minute Shopping

A last indulgence, we went to Chocolat in the Wynn shops. The place smells of that magic bean. The chocolates look great, but the little cakes are small works of art. We bought four small cakes, half for Grandma.

As an indication of how quickly you can get used to spending money, I walked into Christian Dior Homme to look at a pair of black sneakers that I thought were cool. The price was $435, and I found myself thinking, "hey, that's not bad."

But, as with the Manolo Blahniks the day before, no new shoes for us.

Departure

Upgraded to first class again. It made the transition from food at Alex to food on an airplane marginally better.

Landed after 11:00 PM, breezed through empty roads to get home.

When we got into the house, the baby was asleep, just as we left her the day before.