View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: 30 hours in Vegas - Wynn hotel, Alex dining, Prince show

Long Story Really Long

<font color="brown">Morning Poker</font>

I can't sleep for long in Vegas, and sure enough I was awake around 6:30 AM. Slipped out, threw on some clothes, and headed down to the poker room.

Only a handful of games were going, and I grabbed a seat at 4/8. Loose play, trash talking, and you could smell the booze coming off the players. Great table if I would have gotten there an hour before. But again, I wasn't getting any help, saw a lot of drawing hands catch against me, and the like. Example - folded to the cutoff who raises in a clear steal situation, I pop back with AQs in SB. BB folds and CO calls. I catch my ace, but he makes his gutshot straight draw on the turn with T7 to take the pot.

By 8:00 the composition of the table changed completely to more sober, more local, and more tighter. Beats continue, and finally shortly after 10:00, I lose with QQ to JJ when he spikes a J on the river.

At least I got some coffee.

Down close to two racks, I headed back to the room.

Bubbles

Time to open that champagne from last night. Also ate the chocolate left during turn down service, and a couple of the macaroons from the Alex gift bag.

Showered, shaved, chilled. Drew N a bubble bath by pouring the shower gel into the tub and blasting the tub with hot water.

Sat down at the desk (did I mention that the room had its own FAX machine?), and used the Wynn stationery to write a letter to myself.

Packed up.

<font color="brown">Noon Poker</font>

N had a salon appointment for noon, I went to the poker room. We had plans to meet for lunch at 1:00.

A new 4/8 table was running, and I took a seat there.

Things turned around a little. I straddled and won a pot with 87s that made two pair.

Immediately after, AA in the BB. UTG limped. It was raised in MP, called twice, I 3 bet. UTG calls, MP reraises, two more go along, I capped, and we are capped 5 ways to the flop, which is all rags. I bet out, UTG calls, MP raises, the two cold-callers finally faded away, and I 3 bet. UTG called the two more, and MP called, saying "OK, now I believe you."

Turn K. I didn't like it, but I bet out. When the two opponents just called, I liked the K a lot more.

Well, until the river K hit. I checked, UTG woke up and bet his remaining 7 chips all in, MP and I called. UTG shows K5s, UTG had pocket Queens.

In the next hour, he dumped back some of those to me, and almost all to the rest of the table.

N called from the Salon at about a quarter past one, and I left the table, up a couple BB for the hour.

Despite all that, when I checked out with the brush, and cashed out at the cashier, I had a smile on my face.

Far too good of a weekend for a little variance to spoil it.