View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: A Tiger, a LAG and a fish walk into a bar

Im with ILP on this one. The only way i could find a check was if he had shown more strength in the hand at some point ( if there was more flop action then he check-raised the turn or if he check 3bet the turn or ck-raised after a bet and a call). Here he just check raised an A turn potentially knocking out the superfish in the middle, that to me isn't a guaranteed strength move like the others I mentioned above.

I def dont 3bet the turn tho, but on the river I think his check is more likely to reveal the most honesty about his hand ( i guess he could think the turn cold caller will definitely bet if he has aces up or just fold if he had a missed draw and thats why he went for the check-raise though, that would make sense on his part esp if he thinks u cant ck behind an A). But im not gonna give him that much credit and usually when he checks here its weakness so u can vb and win two bets probably 90% of the time or more. Id bet call if UTG check-raises (and lose most every time) and bet fold if utg calls and the fish raises. If UTG folds and the fish raises it looks too much like BS i think to fold in this pot even though he probably never bluffs like that.

And like ILP said if UTG check folds the river u've gained pretty much as much info as if u got to see his hand.