View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: A Tiger, a LAG and a fish walk into a bar

The problem with this hand is we are trying read hands of players who are more or less imposible to pin down a narrow range of holdings.

Im not too worried about the fish having a better hand given your hand example.
Im more worried about the LAG in the hand. How much of a spazz is he? How much do you respect his PF cap?
You need to provide a better read to properly analyze the best play here. If you don't have a better read, I suggest trying to pay more attention to LAG's tendencies, they're in so often that it shouldn't be so hard to do. If you don't becuase your multitabling too many tables, just accept this as one of the tradeoffs and know that you will miss value against them.

Without a solid read I would respect the LAG's c/r on the turn simply because he capped PF. I would still assign a fairly tight capping range in a 3way pot unless I saw something which indicated the contrary. I would not put any extra bets in on the turn. AA,AK,AQ,QQ is a very real possiblity.
I would expect the fish to have SOMETIHNG, wheter that be a queen, an ace or a flush draw. So here he could be padding the pot , or sucking up equity...

On the river, when LAG checks again, and no draws completed... I would be somewhat inclined to bet, but it's really marginal and could even be a mistake. The fish CC'ing may have scared him tryin to make a play for whatever reason. He could be trying to C/R again, but it's a really really stupid play, so i'll assume mildly rational play. The fish also provides a nice padding on your bet.
Had the fish not been in I would definitly check behind (it's different than on the turn because now he probabily has 0% equity vs some equity)
Again something you would like a read on.
Don't bet/fold though, bet/call..