View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Analysis of A Seven Card Stud Downswing!

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know anything about online stud stats, but noticed that you won 40% of the hands you showed down. Is this low? Were the rivers being checked down? Were you priced in? Of the 60% that you lost were you often surprised by what you were shown?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to be winning about 55% - 60% of the showdowns. By the seventh card you will have invested a lot of bets and showdowns are usually heads up. So 40% is low, imagine 60%-40% in a presidential race: it would be a landslide...

I was not surprised at what the hands that won were but I was surprised by just what the starting hands must have been...Full Tlit mixes up the hole cards so looking at the 'last hand' feature does not tell which hole cards were played but I could make an educated guess. What keeps the fish playing is that even poor starting hands can end up as reasonable hands. But the fish are bucking the odds and the odds will hold up in the loooooooooooong run. As the saying goes: you can push your luck but sometimes your luck pushes back...