View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Default LO8 1/2 - Can you find all the ways this hand was misplayed?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 6 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (25.5BB, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 29.5BB

So I'm new to Omaha hi/low and I'm still getting use to quality starting hands and when to go nuts and when to fold hands.

I wouldn't have played this hand outside of the blinds, but I'm guessing my first mistake was calling.

On the flop I called figuring I could fill up, hit the straight or a flush, and I still have a chance at the low. Now that I've had time to look at it, I've realized most of those hands are 2nd, 3rd, or 7th best hands which probably means I should have folded here.

On the turn I called the first bet because I still had hands that might win, as well as a few outs to hands that were better. I don't think this first call was bad (but I'm open for criticism). I'm pretty sure I should have folded to the 3-bet, and calling the cap is a good play given how I've already [censored] up the hand (I assume).

I think the river call also makes sense, again because I've [censored] up the hand this much already.

Any comments?