View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Please help me understand this math problem

I'm starting with the premise that people aren't going to fold AA for one bet in a 14 bet pot. No one in the threads that I mentioned ever suggested folding, and therefore I would assume this is true.

So, let's just pretend that I'm correct that no one is folding their AA to a 3-bet.

Now, should you raise with a 66% edge vs AA,KK,AK or not?

--Dave.

---------------------------------

edit:

Jaran:
[ QUOTE ]
My plan would be to trey, and no matter if he caps or not, lead the turn. If raised on the turn, I call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niedam:
[ QUOTE ]
If he has KK then it sucks to be you.

[/ QUOTE ] (I assume because he pays off.)

Buzz-cp:
[ QUOTE ]
I think any other line is more expensive when he does have it (such as raising the turn). Folding anywhere is just burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benihana:
[ QUOTE ]
wel, you can 3 bet and see if he caps, which would narrow it down to KK proably, or you could call and rasie the turn, but when he 3 bets your turn raise you will have to swallow the vomit in your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ] Since i can't possibly imagine that beni would vomit after getting off cheaply, I must assume that he's calling down.

Finally, all of Absolution's math suggests calling down when villain puts in the last aggression, rather than folding.

...Interestingly, Shill doesn't respond to whether or not he would fold to a 3-bet. I assume that he would have to call down vs a good opponent (due to potentially being bluffed) and a bad opponent (due to potentially chopping).

So let's just assume that we're not folding, and evaluate the math based on that.