View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Underage and made >20 000$USD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't gamble underage.
They hope they do keep your money because I certainly wouldn't want to play on a site that paid out to cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

Apparently, this poster finds poker playing in general to be a noble profession, yet playing at a young age is "cheating" and equivalent to being a drug dealer.

Since I KNOW no 2+2er would ever be a hypocrite, I'm sure we'll find that this poster:

1. Never smoked <18
2. Never drank <21

If this guy was to answer honestly, I'd give 10:1 odds that he did either of these (and probably both) and even money that he had a fake ID at some point. Seriously, I bet this hypocrite was at a kegger on a weekly basis or more.

Since my dad took me to the horse races (and placed my bets) from age 8 onward, I feel SO [censored] GUILTY about "cheating" those poor racetracks over all those years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it is equivalent to being a drug dealer. Perhaps that was an imprecise example. Let's try this: I think someone who sells cigarettes to a minor earns the money he makes on the sale just as much as when they sell to an adult, but that doesn't mean they deserve the money.

BTW, I have never smoked and never bought or attempted to buy alcohol before I was 21 (except when I was in a country where the drinking age was different). I did consume alcohol prior to that age, but I don't think that is illegal if freely given to me in a private location.

I also have no interest in gambling against minors, and I rely on the websites I use to guard against the possibility. If they sites have to use draconion measures to prevent this, I applaud them. As we are already seeing through the passage of UIGEA, underage gambling threatens the existence of my hobby for those of would like to engage in it legally.

Honestly, the whole tenor of this thread seems to be encouraging minors to circumvent the sites' efforts to obtain age confirmation, which is just giving fodder to the people who want to eliminate online gambling poker entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Nick here... The government is using the phrase"let's keep our kids safe". This just gives their argument backbone...

But luckily enough your a winning player, but that doesn't change the fact, quite a few parents have no idea what their kids are doing, therefore the gov. is gonna jump in and watch them for us....

Thanks for proving their point....