View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Default (TP) Raising with flush draws

Hi all, I am kind new to the micro stakes board and tables. I used to play higher but went busto, now I am trying to learn the game from the bottom up, really working on core skills so I can keep building as a player as I move up.

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding flush draws and when you should/n't raise with them. I have a few different situations:

1) Nut FD, in position
You raise PF in the CO with a hand like A8 suited, flop a FD on an unpaired, uncoordinated board. villain(s) bet into you.

2) Nut FD, OOP. This time UTG with A10 suited, 2 callers. Same type of flop. When do you lead, when do you c/r, etc.

Assume villain is unknown, 6 max tables, 25NL-100NL. Standard bets from villains.

I realize this can be a very vague question, with many different situations that can occur, I am trying to give my best examples, please feel free to post your own of when you think raising with a FD is correct.

My thoughts:

Heads up, I am almost always raising with a FD, or betting if I am OOP. Because it is heads up, I would rather win the pot right there then let it come blank, blank and not have anything. When in a multiway pot, I think calling bets with a FD can be good because the pot will be big enough by the river to allow you to push if you hit your hand.

Against short stacks, I almost always pot it or overpot it.