View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: How would you play KK in this situation?

[ QUOTE ]
Your "gut feeling" doesn't excuse not raising on the Flop.
If he had turned Two Pair, you never would have have known. You would have called him all the way. Especially if that "loose player" calling a lot, played Q9 and turned a Queen and milk bet. You going to put him on Two Pair/Str8 and fold? No.
Villian has 5 outs going into the Turn, you have to make him pay. Period. It lets him know that you have a strong hand. That way if he comes out firing on the Turn or ck/raises you, you then have some real info, instead of what you'd know after your weak/tight "limp-call-call."

[/ QUOTE ]
Man. this forum really isn't open to playing styles other than "by-the-book/theory"....
I thought I could get an interesting discussion going here (if not on the forum of THE poker book publishing web-site, where?), but apperantly I was wrong.
You people seem to be unable to accept, that there are situations, when playing by-the-book doesn't get you very far.
Like I said before:
1. I had a fairly good read on him (bout 90% certain)
2. He would have folded to ANY raise or bet from me, winning me less chips
3. As Sklansky states, it's a poker player's job to get other players to make mistakes, and that's what I did.
He thought I was weak and bet, which was a mistake. He was the one going all-in with the loosing hand, so that was his mistake aswell.

But nevermind.... I'm sick of defending a play, which helped me double up.... (Especially since I have never contested, that, according to the books, this play was wrong) In my opinion, it was the best and only play I could have made in that situation, as every other move wouldn't have doubled my chips...