View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Best Mario Kart Game

[ QUOTE ]
you're dead wrong about mario kart ds. the controls are easily the best and the technique used in the videos of DD and 64 is called snaking and became 10 times easier to do in mario kart ds (provided you're using the egg or the tank).

[/ QUOTE ]

Control is probably not the best term. The biggest thing that bothered me about MKDS was the fact that you almost came to a dead stop when you hit a wall. MKDD had frantic almost pinballish styled races. I just found this much more fun, it might just be more of an opinion thing.

As for snaking, I never really played MKDS long enough to get as good as I was at MKDD but from the videos it doesnt seem like you can snake better in MKDS than MKDD. In DD you could snake with virtually no lateral movement, and you can pop off way more speed boosts than you can in MKDS. I think this is partially due to the analog stick vs the d-pad, since a speed boost in DD consists of only moving the stick to the outside and then back to the center. Without having to do the full left->right you can maintain better control of your cart and get more speed boosts.