View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Legal Question About This Board and 2 plus 2

[ QUOTE ]
People can communicate by telephone also. Would the DOJ be justified in going after the telephone company? There is a freedom of speech issue here. Besides, 2p2's primary function is not to facilitate financial transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

The DOJ would be 'justified' in going after the telephone company if they knowingly allowed it to be used to aid in money laundering, yes. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech nor primary function. 2+2 could not sell marijuana claiming that it was not their primary function, and not expect to have legal problems.

The DOJ arrested two guys, who at this point in time, where shareholders in a company that moved money from point A to point B. I don't see why people who aid in the movement of that same money from point A to point B could also be at risk.

I am just throwing this out there, I wondered if 2+2 considered it's risk when it allows these types of communication to occur on the boards. You know the DOJ likes to go after headlines, could 2+2 be considered a good target?