View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Do you believe in some sort of God(s)?

Our minds are such that, given our powers of creative inquiry, we cannot ignore certain questions, which at the same time transcend our powers of reason.

It is a cruel trick for nature to, by our very nature, frame the most intriguing possible question, while at the same time not giving us enough information to properly solve the problem.

I accept the situation to be just as I have said. We cannot posit the nature of our existence; only our minds can apprehend, but the elements of the question do not correspond to our faculty of assessment.

The only reason I need for the dissmissal of god is that which allows me to be certain he is not needed. We have no cause to believe natural causes do not suffice to produce the world we see. Why compose a god with no utility. What can we use him for?

Who needs a god who is dimensionless, yet fills all space.

Who needs a god who is "Benevolent" enough to form the squalor within which much of his creation lives.

Who needs a god whose powers are limitless except where important.

And while we're at it, why does one need a creator, we are here; this is what we know. I think therefore I am, of nothing else are we certain.

Cam