Thread: The well: mrTEA
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: The well: mrTEA

As of right now i play anywhere from 3/6 to 25/50. I've always been pretty fluid with the limits I play. I'm 18 years old, freshman at UCSD.

I first started playing poker about 3.5ish years ago when my soccer team went down to San Luis Obispo for a tournament. This was around the time Moneymaker won and everyone thought they were the [censored] at poker because they saw Phil Ivey on tv. Anyway I flopped 2 pair with J4o and J7o my first 2 hands so I thought I was crazy good at poker. We continued playing a weekly home game and I started getting raped so I bought Hellmuth’s Play Poker like the Pros. After that I started playing the Top Ten Hands + suited connectors and c-betting I started winning and thought I was the [censored] again even though I didn’t know how what to do on the turn and river because Hellmuth just told me to go with my instincts. I didn’t really know anything so my instincts were usually wrong. But I was winning so I was Hellmuth’s #1 fan, calling him the best player in the world and stupid stuff like that.

After people started catching on to my strategy I started losing again because people were floating me (I didn’t know what to do on later streets) so I started losing again. This time I bought Hold’em Poker for Advanced Players thinking it was for No Limit and I kept getting owned because I was peeling every flop hoping for backdoor flush draws. A little over a year ago I found the 2p2 website, but I didn’t’ actually start playing online until about 6 months ago, when my friend was busto and had to pay a gambling debt so I gave him $50 for Pokerstars money. I almost bustoed it too. I was down to about 12 bucks when some guys started messing around at NL10 and just started pushing every hand. I got AK a couple times and BOOM now I’m robusto.