Thread: korean food
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 PM

Default korean food

i'm a big fan of these food threads. what can i say, i love to eat. i'm not too qualified to talk about korean food but i've had it, and liked it a lot. i'll talk about what i've had and maybe some guys like aloy and punkass can chime in w/ some recommendations

i've been to a few korean restaurants in boston and some korean bbqs which are great. for those that don't know korean bbq is basically korean side dishes such as

kim chee

which is basically spicy cabbage seasoned with chili pepper mmm it's tasty but maybe not for everyone

and what's that other stuff... they bring out these big lettuce leaves and you put this brown spread on them, it's so salty.. probably some kind of mashed up bean.

also usually some white carrot that may or may not be pickled, but that's good stuff

then there's like a grill in the middle of the table, and they come around with plates of raw meat, stuff like

galbi

which are just ribs, there you can see them on the actual grill in the table at a korean bbq

bulgogi

and other meats. you take a piece of lettuce, put some of that salty bean paste on it, put some meat on it that you cooked up, and enjoy.. it's fantastic.

any other recommendations?