View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:27 PM

Default $2/$4 overcards + some draws in smallish pot.

Villian is a loose and aggressive opponent post-flop in early position. The big blind is fairly standard tight, so far, and has been running well.

Villian limps in, and I raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the big blind and villian call.

The flop comes 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], with $13(6.5SB) in the pot. It's checked to me, and I bet.

I figure with overcards, a backdoor flush draw, and position that a bet is correct here. If I'm check-raised, I'll call and proceed from there.

The big blind folds, and villian calls. The turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), with $17(4.25BB) in the pot, giving me a gutshot, overcard to the board, and a flush draw. I figure that if I'm beat here, then I'm likely to get check-raised by my aggressive opponent. Remembering advice from HPFAP to check hands with outs on the turn, I check behind, taking a free card.

The river brings a dud - 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) and the pot is still $17(4.25BB). When I checked behind on the turn, I realized that I might have to call a bluff on the river, considering my opponent. So: Villian bets, Hero calls, getting exactly 5-1 after the rake.

Thoughts?