View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
Coach me? (First I think.)

Advice for adjusting to live play? I've played high online, but I have very limited live experience, a day of 5/5 NL500 and a day of 15/30 FL. When I turn 21 in July, I'll probably be out in Vegas with no idea what I'm doing. Do you have any trouble adjusting to playing with "realer" money live? I was just as nervous playing NL500 with a bunch of donks as I was when I took a shot at 500/1000 on FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure when I'll be able to get into coaching stuff but I hope to in the future. I totally agree with you about live poker feeling more real money-wise. For me, its knowing those bills I used to have in my pocket are now gone (if I lose) and it is something I can see and feel unlike online where its just numbers. I went from online MMORPGs to poker so online poker has always been like a video game for me I'd say. Live poker is gambling.

Advice for live play...hmm...pay attention at the table! Don't allow yourself to get bored. There is so much to learn if you keep your eyes and ears open, people give everything away. You will be amazed at the clarity of your reads if you are able to do this and make laydowns you couldn't make online in a million years. Don't worry about your own physical tells or crap like that, always verbally say "raise" because you will grab the wrong number of chips and possibly string raise, never blame the dealer, be nice to people at the table even though they usually don't deserve it. Tip a buck when you win a pot that goes to the flop. That's all I can think of now, I'll play with you in Vegas sometime and fix you right up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey