View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

"Picking up in Argentina is very easy for an American. They differentiate between US people and US policy. You need to have Argentine friends though, and if it's female friends, women will sort of openly flirt. E.g., they'll openly talk to you, but they'll wait till your girlfriend goes to the bathroom before giving you their number (or showing up at your hotel). Guys who head out alone will have a lot more difficulty. There are a class of dolled up girls called "gatos" (cats) who basically shoot guys down all night and then talk about how cute they (the shot-down guys) were. Many women do this on the street with eye-contact games.

Also, if you get caught cheating, your girlfriend wants you more, as do other women. It's [censored] up. Women are insanely jealous and think nothing of going through your pockets after you go to bed after a night out with the guys, looking for evidence of chicanery. I knew a Canadian there who spoke the local accent perfectly, had lots of cash, and only dated ex-pats despite LOTs of options.

Age acceptable difference is freaky. I shot down girls when I found out they were 17 (looked 24). The 35-year-old next to me called me an idiot. Lots of guys get divorced around 40 and shack up with a late-teens, early 20's girl.

They are by and large very racist and unapologetic about it. I've seen people leaving their leftovers for a stray dog and ignoring the native-American, obviously hungry, prostitute on the corner."

Wtf, have you ever even been to BA? I give your review a C-.

For the most part I'd tend to agree with most everything Metetron and Chairman Wood have said thus far in the thread.

I'll chime in some now, as I just got back from a nearly 3 week vacation in Bolivia.