View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I don't use the b/f line enough. Can you summarize when b/f is the best play, especially on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/fold is very very very very very frequently the best play on the river! The reason for that is that it maximizes your value against the typical loose passive player who's range for calling your river bet is significantly larger than his range for betting it himself if you check to him. Also, these players do not have the creativity to bluff raise the river so you can be very sure a river raise represents an improved hand in some way. The only time it is not advisable is if you have a hand that you think is too good against a guy who might mistakenly value raise a worse hand (for instance you have two pair and the guy might make a worse two pair on the river and raise it for value). I can pretty confidently say bet/folding one pair on the river in most micro stakes games is usually the best play. This play is all about confidence by the way, uncertain players hate to take this line because they feel unsatisfied that they never get a result. They want to see the hand that beat them but you have to pay for this! When you are a confident winning player then you put them on the correct hand when they raise, congratulate yourself on saving 1 bb that a lesser player would throw away and move on to the next hand.

-DeathDonkey