View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Phil Ivey Gossip

Marc wrote
[ QUOTE ]
Let me put this question to you all. If i had turned up with a pro golfer and Phil said do you get shots off Eric, we said yes 10 . We played and won then he found out should he pay even a penny? If you think that he has been hustled not cheated and its just unlucky then you must be of the opinion that we should pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Devil wrote
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, some of us are of that opinion. We say if one is foolish enough to make a high-stakes bet (in which having an edge is crucial) under vastly unfavorable terms, even if deception is involved, then the losers are obligated to pay the debt as, if nothing else, a penalty for their own stupidity.

Why, sir, have you no answer for this aspect of the argument? Or do you attempt escape all your betting losses by claiming ex post facto that that the scales were hopelessly tipped in your opponent's favor?

[/ QUOTE ]Devil, Marc quite clearly points out his answer in the post you yourself quote, he and I think any golfer would say that someone asked straight out how many shots they received from another player, which was to be the basis of the handicap that day, then lies outright about it, then the bet was not based on anything other than an outright lie. Ivey cheated.