View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Phil Ivey Gossip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Devil- if you think due diligence was not taken in this bet you would have a hard time finding a game with an overwhelming majority of the people who actually play nassaus/skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

How, exactly, do you define due diligence, and what leads you to believe anything other than simply (and foolishly) taking another man at his word took place here?

[ QUOTE ]
Blairs post only applies if at all to a certain select few people who have decided that no rules that pertain to how the real world treats golf apply at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Blair's posts make clear is the world of high stakes golf matches are as far removed from "how the real world treats golf" as it is possible to get. It is, to paraphrase Bobby Jones, "a world with which you are not familiar".

[ QUOTE ]
"Lack of due diligence" only applies if the participants in the bet think it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a complete non-sequitur that goes to further my point that you are speaking well above your pay grade here.

[ QUOTE ]
It is pretty obvious that Marc thinks a line has been crossed. How do you reconcile that? He's just bitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he merely seeks a means of avoiding the loss of $450K.

[ QUOTE ]
Blair, I am curious...is there any line at all that is drawn? For instance what if one person pulls a firearm on another player on the course. How about if he shoots him in the leg on the second hole? Seems like a good way to gain an edge no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll answer for Blair, if that's alright. Here, you've served up a real straw man argument. Phil broke no established law (ie possession of a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder) as in your weak-kneed analogy. He deceived to gain an edge in a high-stakes wager, and found himself a compliant sucker. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, if some future thread emerges about how a .50/1$ NL player sandbagged his buds out of a $20 nassau, then please feel free to enlighten us with your moral certitude. I believe that's closer to your balliwick.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear you are a master of the ad hominem, which most people who have little productive to say otherwise are.
You miss every point left and right, and hide it with sentences that use unnecessary words.
Well done.

Edit: Since you miss the point often I'll make it clear. You are a douche.