View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Getting published

[ QUOTE ]
When you describe your paper as "fairly mathy and stems from stuff I read in a biology/evolution type book, but its really more of a sociological or even poltical (analytical side) piece of work" that also sets off a BS detector. I haven't read it and I don't know you, so I can't judge, but the odds that you've correctly incorporated insights from 5 different fields are pretty low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to note about this topic...

The project involves using data collected from twin studies to measure the heritability of a trait, models a population using data estimates from america, and then assumes that an independent party (ie. government) has a set of resources to distribute to the population, and are able to distribute the resources to the population as a function of the trait.

Assuming several plausible goals of the government, the model seeks to find optimal resource distribution.

Obviously this is a really lame description since it doesnt go into really any detail, but I just tried to get a little more info

I def. see what you mean with regard to the comment I made about the so many fields, but, it def isnt a "math paper", as much as it just has math in it.