View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Looking more professional, a fashion thread

[ QUOTE ]
Btw: Can anyone speak to the qualityrice ratio of Jos A Bank clothes? They have always looked nice, but just too expensive for my tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jos A Bank is having a big sale now (well, they were last week). Half off of pretty much everything in the store (except shoes, I think). I nearly bought two suits instead of just one. So you should check again soon.

As for the quality, I think the general concensus is that it is slightly above the quality of most department store brands, though not at the level of the more upscale suit brands.

WRT shirts, I like to stick to a single brand simply because I know the fit. E.g., a Nordstrom 16/35 fits me almost perfectly. A Thomas Pink 16/35 is way too tight around the chest. Other brands of 16/35 are too big in the neck. Nordstrom shirts are normally $59 for the wrinkle free and $89 for the more upscale version.

WRT Tie bars, they are out of fashion these days.

As for cuff links, I love them and have several pair. But others have said they are too "gaudy" for an interview. So I'd stick to barrel cuffs for interviewing.