View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: need precision about an hold\'em rule

thanks all

I read all your answer and I agree with most of them

I mean, does it matter or not that the dealer burn or not ?

not really, but I think that, like juanez said, by not burning, that the original turn card that was brought early can have a chance to come out again

However, I always want to follow the rule tightly and it's for that reason that I wanna know the exact rule

Also, I wanna say that the cheating wasn't really in my mind when I asked this question, because when I was refering to the dealer, it was in home tourney and regional tourney, where each player act as the dealer when they have the button

With the weak field we have these day, the odds of a player able to reshuffle a deck in order to cheat the river after putting the turn to fast (not as an error, but as a "toy") are pretty slim, so I don't really mind this

I just want to follow the exact precise rule because when an error occured, it's more easy if the same rule is always always applied then when in some tourney we do this and in some other tourney we do that and so on....

for all my query on ruling precision, when I have a clear answer, I print it and put it in annexe of my robert's rules (which I brought with me in each tourney), so if an error occured, like last sathurday, I'll next time have the complete answer

when big money is in play, a precise ruling is always the best way to ensure a clear and cut decision