View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 AM

Default 50nl player buys...and makes...a new desk WITH PICS

About 4 years ago I moved out of my house and into a slum lord's upstairs 3 bedroom unit. instead of shelling out 100$ for a desk, i decided to goto home depot and spend 37$:

2 wall mounting brackets that can support 500 lbs each
1 4' x 8' white laminated particle board that i cut down to 64" x 26 1/2" right there in the store

So four years later the middle of the board is sagging, and my new room isn't as big as the old one. I decide to goto good old home depot again because the thought of the board snapping and my 3 monitors tumbling to the floor upsets me, i spent another 27.95$ for a 4' x 8' board.

this time dimensions are 54" x 26 1/2" to accomodate the smaller room. Also since the walls are plaster and [censored], i decided to opt for 5 2x4s (6th one got garbled stories to come weeeeee):

This here is the space where the new desk will be, there she is on the floor

The wooden legs, mattress propped up against the wall. Huge beat, i don't have a bed frame. Huge brag, my girlfriend gives me lots of head w/out creaking sound from mattress.

Table from door way

All my [censored] on the metal computer desk that was on the old desk (for a look at the type of [censored] i had, see here)

Almost done!!!!

From the back:

Ok i made a mistake here. i gummed up one of the screws, and i couldn't get it out....and i twisted it....

Here is the table BEFORE SETUP:

Here is the table AFTER SETUP:

Girlfriend wouldn't pose with the drill. Beat.

ALL DONE!