View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: What will make you happy?

[ QUOTE ]
I think for me, the only way I'll ever find true and total happiness is to find peace with the fact that someday I will die. No matter how great my life has been up to this point there is always the fact in the back of my mind that none of it really matters cuz at some point I will cease to exist, and that unsettles me so much that I cant be truly content with anything I have or where Im at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, basically. Alobar wasn't joking when he said we share a brain.

But I am generally pretty happy with my life right now. I have a great relationship with someone who understands my values, accepts me for who I am and shares some of my important goals. I'm going to school for a career that I know from work experience is one I'm interested in pursuing for a long time.

I think you're onto one thing for sure, Yeti; the whole PUA attitude about women is FUBAR. I see nothing wrong with keeping your options open until a little later in life. But treating women the way some of these guys do is indicative of a lot of fear, alienation and insecurity in my opinion. Most people with this approach to women need not fear getting locked into a long-term relationship, because they'd never make one work anyway.

What makes you happy is mostly influenced by what values you were raised with and how your relationship is with your childhood and your parents. For some people that means being happy is going to be really tough. I had a pretty bad childhood in some ways, and it makes it harder for me to accept certain things or be happy, but in general I'm pretty lucky that I came up with some good ideas about what's important in the world and was able to apply them to my life.