View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: What will make you happy?

I have the "perfect girl"...I have a townhouse(albiet with a mortgage)...My gf and I have an awesome Siberian Husky...I have nice toys...and I take nice vacations...Im 21, all of this has come from poker.

However some things I would change to make me happier...
-My "job", I dont enjoy poker anymore. Im currently pursueing a few things which would hopefully make me very comfortable financially.
-My "house"...its fine for the moment, but I want a nice house in the mountains with lots of land and trails out my backdoor.
-This will happen when I stop playing...but I need to be more productive...poker takes away from the active side of my life(although Im still most likely more active then most of this forum)

I guess the thing that will make my happiest is when I can stop playing poker and not worry about money.

I have all these things...but I have very little saved..this fact alone takes away from my happiness, actually it is more the knowledge that I SHOULD have more saved. Those that know me are aware of my problem with "taking shots". Ive blown close to a quarter mil this year in games I shouldnt be in. Factor in the few times Ive made something in those games and maybe the number is more like 150-200...but still.

They say money doesnt buy happiness...however I think the knowledge that you had enough of it to live well and do what you wished with the rest of your life would go a long way to achieving happiness. Add in that perfect girl, a family, and some activities you love and I think youre almost there.

-Evan

Edit- I have an article I would love to post...but is a little long for a reply. It deals with happiness....at least in some form. If an approved poster would like to start the thread PM me and Ill send it to you.