View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: What will make you happy?

[ QUOTE ]
I think for me, the only way I'll ever find true and total happiness is to find peace with the fact that someday I will die. No matter how great my life has been up to this point there is always the fact in the back of my mind that none of it really matters cuz at some point I will cease to exist, and that unsettles me so much that I cant be truly content with anything I have or where Im at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. My mortality is what makes me content in life. No one wants to die, but each of us will face it. I will probably meet it 20 or so years before most here. Sometimes at night I think about it and it makes me melancholy. The thing that makes me the saddest is knowing that my kids will one day die as well. I hope that both of my daughters get to experience everything in life that their hearts desire (within reason of course). If I can set them on that path then I will be content.

I guess my words of wisdom would be to enjoy life and strive to confront death with the fact that you have lived a life worth living.