View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Default NLH rule that limits number of raises?

I was playing 1-2 NLH at the IP in Biloxi this weekend when the following situation came up. Let me know what you think.

I am on the button. First player raises to $5, next player raises to $10, and then another player makes it $25. Folded around to me and I look down at AA. I announce "raise." The dealer then informs me that the betting is capped and I can only call or fold. I say WTF are you talking about I don't even have chance to raise? A few locals agree with the dealer. They say that there is a limit of 3 raises unless its head up.

Now I know this rule applies to limit games but I have never heard of it used in a NL game. Dealer ends up calling the floor and he says that the rule is posted in the poker room. The problem is that we are playing in the convention hall b/c a tournament is going on and there is no signs with this rule on it so how the hell am I supposed to know this.

Thoughts?

I also think that there might be some ways to use it to your advantage by closing out the betting cheaply with draws.