Thread: council bluffs
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: council bluffs

Hi guys, got knocked out of event #1, the $300+40 NLHE event. Here is a rundown of what I know

1. Not sure of the final numbers for event #1, but I believe they were saying 500+. They have 18 tables in the main poker room and 30ish in the whiskey roadhouse. They started us 11 handed, which sucked. You get 1500 chips and 25/25 blinds with 40 min. levels. I played a few pots early and didn't connect with a single flop and found myself down to 1000, and then out on a CO raise with JJ ran into QQ.

2. They are breaking tables in the main poker room first, and then filling those with cash tables. Yesterday I played a little 2/5 NL and they were very close to getting enough interest for 30/60 limit HE, so it looks like there will be plenty 5/10 NL and probably 30/60 limit this weekend, in addition to HO mixed games and possibly 5/10 PLO.

3. The second chance tournies begin at 5 PM every day throughout the series and have 30 minute levels with, I believe, 1500 starting chips.

4. Once more space becomes available in the whiskey roadhouse, they start single table satellites, which are almost a complete joke. Firstly, the juice is $25+10 and $35+10, so don't enter those if you like money. I entered 2 $55+10s and you get 500 chips with 25/25 starting blinds and 15 min. levels. I actually won one, but only b/c I was getting dealt big pairs like crazy. I wanted to play a $110+10 SNG, but there wasnt enough interest, I believe you get 800 chips in those, which is slightly better, but these seem like a complete waste of time, unless maybe you play the $500s or something.

I think I will be playing exclusively cash when not in one of the tournies.