View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Live @ Bike 5-5 blind: AK with 50 BB Stacks v Min-re-reraise.

Hi Rick...

I'd agree with most of the others - pushing against this type of opponent in this specific situation with AK is going to be -EV.

Even though I have first-hand knowledge of the incident, I wasn't surprised at all that Joe turned over AA - it was either that or KK, and I'd be stunned if he wound up flipping over QQ or anything less. Almost equally as stunned as I was when you turned over AK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The 5-5 game plays so strightforward most of the time. If you're going to take the initiative to re-raise with AK (you're still not committed to the hand at this point), and you have a player who is willing to re-raise and essentially commit to the hand pre-flop, AK is garbage 95% of the time - this guy has AA or KK. You got the information you wanted from the re-raise you made - remember you're indicating that you have a big hand to Joe - and he's still willing to not only stay in the hand, but come over the top of you. It should have been an easy fold - unless you're running as hot has you'e been lately. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- T