View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: The Compassionate Faith of Hitleroonism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the hypothetical. I don't think it would be rude to simply criticize Hitler and Mein Kampf. But I think there would be rude and insulting ways of criticizing. A lot of them probably would be insulted if you simply declared Hitler to be an evil guy. In their minds you would be saying that the philosophy they follow is an evil philosophy even though it's not at all. Because that is what most would infer if you just started saying randomly, "Hitler was the antichrist."

I think there would be a better way of educating these people about the past than initially declaring Hitler a villain. You could try to show them that the lifestyle they lead isn't based off of Hitler's teachings before you start attacking Hitler. At the same time I'm not quite sure it would be worth trying to change everyone's mind if it would make no difference in society.

Another two points:

- I'm not necessarily saying that you were trying to be insulting and rude before. But I can assure you that many people would be insulted by the comments you made. It seems like you could phrase your claims more eloquently. Again this relates to whether or not you want the Hitleroons or whoever to listen to you. If you don't care whether they change their minds or embrace truth/reason, then I guess there is no reason to care whether they are insulted or not.

- I hardly think you can equate Hitler and Jesus Christ. Although I think your hypothetical made the argument a lot clearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't equating Hitler and Jesus Christ, he was equating Hitler and God. And you are correct, that is grossly unfair to Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL..I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] vhawk